Mini Chicken Schnitzels with Dipping Sauce
These mini schnitzels are a kid friendly twist to the classic German recipe. They are so juicy and the corn flakes add a great flavour to the breadcrumbs.The dipping sauce is refreshing with its fresh parsley. You can freeze the schnitzels and bake from frozen.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These crunchy mini chicken schnitzels are delicious and so easy to make. My 2 year old loved munching on them for dinner. I even had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day." - Jodie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be froze
- cornflakes - 150 (*can use GF)
- bread - 2, slices (*can use GF)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- eggs - 3
- chicken thigh - 6
- plain flour - 25g (*can use GF)
- potato - 250g, cut into chips
- fresh parsley - 15g
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- sour cream - 200g
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the corn flakes (150g), bread slices (2) and salt (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Crack the eggs (3) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bang the chicken thighs (6) with a rolling pin until flat, then chop into bite sized chunks.
- Coat in the flour (25g) and place on a large plate. To coat each chicken schnitzel, dip in egg first, then breadcrumbs. Once coated, place on a large rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the chips (250g) on the tray as well and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by placing the parsley (15g) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the sour cream (200g). Combine Speed 2.5 / 10 seconds.
- Serve with the schnitzel immediately.