Mini Carrot Cakes
These Mini Carrot Cakes were a recipe from TRTLMT's recent #freezertolunchbox challenge. They were such a big hit we thought we had to include them in our On The Go issue! These will become even moister over the next day or two so they are perfect to make ahead for parties, and they freeze beautifully! Freezer tip: You can also freeze the batter in muffin cases and once they are frozen transfer them to a ziplock bag. Pop them in the oven as you need them for beautiful fresh mini carrot cakes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Absolutely delicious! After saying 'yuk' when he saw the carrot going into these, my 4 year old has demolished a whole heap of the finished cakes!' - Victoria
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Eggs / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 35 minutes
Makes 28 mini cakes
Can be frozen
- carrot - 450g
- eggs - 4, large
- coconut oil - 140g, olive oil or softened butter
- self raising flour - 250g, *can use GF
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- sugar - 90g, or sweetener of choice
- salt - 1/2 tsp, optional
- cinnamon - 2.5 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- walnuts - 100g, chopped or sultanas, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Roughly chop carrots (450g) and place into bowl. Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down side.
- Add eggs (4), oil (140g), flour (250g), baking powder (1 tsp), sugar (90g). salt (1/2 tsp), ground cinnamon (2.5 tsp), vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) and optional 100g of walnuts or sultanas. Speed 4 / 6-8 seconds. You will need to use your spatula to aid the mixing process. Be sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon of cake batter into each paper case or muffin tins.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.