Mini Breakfast Frittatas
These make a fabulous protein-rich breakfast option that also give you a serve of veggies to start the day. You can prepare them ahead of time so they are ready on the run. Just reheat, or eat cold! They also make great snacks and lunchbox items. They don't include any dairy, but do include a lot of eggs! If you prefer to reduce the egg content and replace with some milk, you can do so. You can also sprinkle with some grated cheese.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 hour
Makes 15-20 frittatas
Cannot be frozen
*Best results when cooked in a silicone muffin tray
- bacon - 300g, raw, cooked first on the stovetop (or use ham)
- shallots - 1, or green onion
- capsicum - 200g, red, roughly chopped, washed, deseeded
- zucchini - 400g, roughly chopped, washed
- spinach - 1 handful
- eggs - 10
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add shallot (1), capsicum (200g) and zucchini (400g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Add bacon (previously cooked) & spinach (handful) to the bowl. Speed 4 until broken up (approximately 4-6 seconds). Watch the mix so that it doesn’t turn to mush!
- Break 10 eggs into the bowl. Add salt / pepper if desired. Combine mixture Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into each hole of a silicone muffin tray. We oiled with coconut oil first.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (until cooked through).
- Allow to cool. Can be served warm, or also delicious cold.