Mini BBQ Meatloaves
This quick and easy dinner ticks all the boxes. It takes just over 30 minutes but most of that time is spent in the oven so it's not intensive kitchen time for you. Mix them up, get them in the oven and move on to something else! Not to mention that these bite sized pieces of meat and veggies are great for lunches!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Given one of my kids does not eat any fruit or veggies whatsoever in their natural form, I'm always looking for ways to hide them in meals. This one was a winner - got the stamp of approval from both the kids as well as my husband. Very tasty, very moist and ultra fast to whiz up and let the oven do the rest." - Nadia
Quick Dinner Option: Roll the meat mixture into mini meatballs. Place into a casserole dish and top with our Spicy Tomato Sauce. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 35-40 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1/2, peeled and quartered
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- carrot - 1, small, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 1, small, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4, bunch
- beef mince - 500g
- BBQ sauce - 2 Tbps, plus extra for basting
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 Tbsp
- beef stock - 1, cube or paste
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place muffin tray onto a baking tray with sides, as your meatloaves may release some liquid during the baking process. This is completely normal and caused by the fat and water content in mince and vegetables.
- Add onion (1/2), garlic (1), carrot (1), zucchini (1) and parsley (1/4 bunch) to bowl. Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add mince (500g), BBQ sauce (2 Tbsp), Worcestershire sauce (1 Tbsp) and beef stock cube (1) to bowl. Speed 5 until just mixed.
- Fill each muffin hole with mince mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, baste the top of each mini meatloaf with extra BBQ sauce and bake for a further 10 minutes. If you find there is too much liquid from the mince, gently tilt the muffin tin to remove some excess liquid. Be sure to wear an oven mit if you need to do this.
- Serve with one of our salads: Crunchy Carrot Beetroot Salad with Orange, Feta & Mint or Spicy Cabbage Salad.