Mild Greek Yoghurt Chicken Wraps
These wraps taste great and the flavour is quite mild, which makes them perfect for the whole family. What we love about these is that there’s no real need to marinate for hours and hours – just 20-30 minutes will make them taste incredible!
This recipe was featured along with two other chicken marinade recipes in Episode 129 of The 4 Blades podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These were delicious and easy to make. I served them with the Flexible Grain Free Wraps from The Packed Lunch Issue." - Lesley
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes + at least 30 minutes marinating time
Cooking Time 8-10 minutes
Chicken be frozen before or after cooking
- wraps - of choice (*can use GF)
- tomato - slices
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- fresh thyme - handful, leaves only
- lemon - 1, juice only (approx. 20g)
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tsp
- olive oil - 30g
- yoghurt - 90g, plain or Greek
- salt flakes - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground, black
- chicken breast - 1.2kg, cut into 3cm pieces and tenderised
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4) and fresh thyme leaves (handful) to the bowl. Process Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon juice (from 1 lemon), balsamic vinegar (2 tsp), olive oil (30g), yoghurt (90g), salt flakes (2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Process Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Add the tenderised chicken pieces (1.2kg) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Cover the chicken tightly with clingfilm and set aside in the fridge to marinate for approximately 30 minutes. You can leave it for longer if you prefer.
- Fire up the grill on the BBQ to a medium high heat. Cook chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through.
- Serve in wraps with lettuce, tomato slices, cheese and toppings of choice.
Make your own!
*Make your own wraps with the Spinach Wraps or Gluten Free Wraps recipes from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the VERY popular Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.