Mild Curry Powder
From intricate to simple curries to good old fashioned curried egg sandwiches – curry powder is a staple in most spice racks. We show you just how easy it is to make your own blend at home. The added bonus of making it yourself is that it is made without the added anti-caking agents, preservatives and thickeners like rice flour and the like.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Authentic looking curry powder with rich aroma." - Katie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time3 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Can be multiplied several times. Fill the bowl only to halfway for best results.
Can be frozen
You will need:
- dried coriander - 4 Tbsp, seeds
- cumin - 4 Tbsp, seeds
- cardamom - 3 pods
- mustard seeds - 2 Tbsp, yellow
- fenugreek - 2 tsp, seeds
- turmeric - 2 Tbsp, ground
- garlic powder - 1 Tbsp
- chilli powder - 1 tsp, mild
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Add the coriander seeds (4 Tbsp), cumin seeds (4 Tbsp), cardamom pods (3), yellow mustard seeds (2 Tbsp) and fenugreek seeds (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add ground turmeric (2 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 Tbsp), mild chilli powder (1 tsp) and ground cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Place into an airtight jar and store for up to 6 months.
Note: Do not freeze this spice blend if it will be used regularly, as the continuous opening of the container can lead to loss of flavour, freezer burn and condensation buildup. Freeze until needed, then store in an airtight jar to use regularly if desired.