Mild Chicken Curry
This very mild but very flavoursome dish has been shared with us by Karen from Cooking in the Chaos. It's a great midweek meal option, and perfect for reheating the leftovers! Simply store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freezer!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This totally surprised me, my whole family ate this dish - even my fussy 7 year old! I will definitely make this again because it's something that I can easily make the day before and reheat for a quick dinner." - Shannon
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp, yellow
- vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- onion - 1 large, red, chopped in half
- ginger - 2cm, fresh
- garlic clove - 1
- chicken thigh - 500-600g, or breast, chopped into thin strips
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- tomatoes - 400g can, chopped
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- cloves - 3
- curry leaves - a few
- coconut milk - 125ml
- fresh coriander - bunch
- Place mustard seeds (1 tsp) and oil (1 tsp) into bowl and heat 3 minutes / 110C* / Stirring Speed to release flavour (they should pop and crackle a bit).
- Add onion (1), ginger (2cm) and garlic (1) and chop Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Sauté for 2 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add chicken (500-600g), chilli (1/2 tsp), tomatoes (400g), turmeric (1/2 tsp), garam masala (1 tsp), cloves (3) and curry leaves (a few) and cook 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Check that chicken is cooked through.
- Add coconut milk (125ml) and cook 2 minutes / 80C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve with a generous amount of chopped coriander on top.