Microwave Choc Chip Cookies For Two
Want a quick cookie fix without making a dozen of them? In less than 10 minutes, you can have these cookies completely cooked and ready to eat. Be a little bit patient to make sure they cool a little – it will make the end product better. Serve with ice cream and maybe (just maybe!) share the second cookie with someone.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe was amazing. It was quick and easy to prepare and was lovely as an after dinner snack." - Karissa
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 shallow ramekins, 10-12cm diameter or 2 small plates with baking paper
- butter - 30g, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- self raising flour - 45g
- brown sugar - 30g
- chocolate chips - 2 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste - 1/2 tsp
- egg yolk - 1
- ice cream - 2 scoops, optional, to serve
- Lightly grease two shallow ramekin dishes, or place pieces of baking paper onto two flat plates.
- Place the butter (30g) into the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 2. You can stop once melted.
- Add the self raising flour (45g), brown sugar (30g), choc chips (2 Tbsp), vanilla bean paste (1/2 tsp) and egg yolk (1) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 / 3 seconds, or until just combined.
- Place half the mixture into each ramekin or plate to form two cookies about 10-12cm wide and 1cm thick.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 1:30 minutes in a ramekin or 1 minute if using a plate. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Check if the cookie is cooked. You may need to cook for an additional 15-30 seconds until cooked through.
- Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes – the longer you leave it, the harder the cookie will become.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.