- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Mexican Stuffed Zucchinis
This yummy dish makes an amazing LCHF addition to your dinner party. It was shared with us by Thermo-Foodie and The Chef from their book Delicious Dinners. Don't like zucchini? Try using capsicum or eggplant instead... or roll the mixture into meatballs! It's truly delicious. The Mexican Dinner Fiesta is a great option for LCHF guests as they can simply skip the tortillas, and serve the yummy meats on lettuce with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love this hearty recipe! You get all the tastes of Mexican food, without the carby shell or the preservatives and additives in store-bought Mexican seasonings. You could use different vegetables as the base to add variety to the recipe." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 8 stuffed zucchinis
Can be froze
- zucchinis - 4 large, washed and cut lengthways
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- capsicum - 110g, red
- olive oil - 10g, extra virgin
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- paprika - 1 tsp, sweet / Hungarian
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black, freshly ground
- salt - 1.5 tsp, Himalayan
- beef mince - 500g, or pork mince
- feta cheese - 40g, diced into 1cm cubes
- cheddar cheese - 70g, grated
- To serve:
- sour cream - 140g
- fresh coriander - 1 cup, leaves
- chilli - 1 fresh, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cheddar cheese (70g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Wash your zucchinis (4) and cut lengthways. Using a dessertspoon, scoop out the soft inside flesh and set zucchinis aside. Use the zucchini flesh in a soup or sauce.
- Place onion (1/2) and capsicum (110g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g), oregano (1 Tbsp), paprika (1 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), pepper (1/4 tsp), salt (1.5 tsp) and mince (500g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Fill the zucchini shells with the mince mixture. Press the feta cubes (40g) into the mince.
- Place the zucchinis into a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar (70g).
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream (140g), coriander leaves (1 cup) and chilli (1).