Quick and easy.... great to have on hand for your next taco, burrito or fajita night! This blend does have a little heat to it, so reduce the chilli powder and cayenne pepper if serving for kiddies or those who don't like spice.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy to make seasoning for taco night! A good zing to it." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 3 minutes
Makes approx. 1 cup
Can be multiplied several times. Fill the bowl only to halfway for best results.
Can be frozen
You will need:
- cumin - 2 Tbsp, ground
- paprika - 4 Tbsp, smoked, or Hungarian paprika for a milder blend
- dried coriander - 1 Tbsp, ground
- chilli powder - 2 Tbsp, mild
- cayenne pepper - 1 tsp, can omit for a milder blend
- dried oregano - 2 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- cornflour - 2 Tbsp
- salt - 1 Tbsp rock
- Add the ground cumin (2 Tbsp), smoked paprika (4 Tbsp), ground coriander (1 Tbsp), mild chilli powder (2 Tbsp), cayenne pepper (1 tsp), dried oregano (2 tsp), dried onion flakes (2 Tbsp), cornflour (2 Tbsp) and rock salt (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Place into an airtight jar and store for up to 6 months.
Note: Do not freeze this spice blend if it will be used regularly, as the continuous opening of the container can lead to loss of flavour, freezer burn and condensation buildup. Freeze until needed, then store in an airtight jar to use regularly if desired.