Mexican Sausage and Bean Casserole
A super quick yet delicious all-in-one meal you can have on the table in around 40 minutes. We love this one because it is jam packed full of flavour yet is so simple to prepare. We love that all you need to wash up is a knife, chopping board and your mixer!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A quick, hearty and very flavoursome casserole. I love that it uses layered cooking so that everything is cooked at once, saving time and cooking space." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 10 minutes sitting time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- sausages - 10 (*ensure GF if required)
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- corn - 100g, frozen
- sour cream - 200g, to serve (*omit for DF)
- avocados - 2, diced, to serve
- onion - 1, large, red, peeled and roughly sliced
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp
- olive oil - 30g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, whole
- beef stock - 200g, liquid
- capsicum - 1, green, roughly diced
- capsicum - 1, red, roughly diced
- lime - 1, juice only
- Add the sliced red onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the ground cumin (1 tsp), ground coriander (1 tsp), cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp) and olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the whole tomatoes (400g tin), beef stock (200g), diced green capsicum (1), diced red capsicum (1) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl.
- Add the sausages (10) to the steaming attachment lower dish in a criss cross pattern.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Scatter the rinsed kidney beans (400g tin) and frozen corn (100g) into the steaming attachment upper tray and set it into place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once the time is up, remove the steaming attachment from the bowl and carefully remove the skin from the sausages. Slice into small pieces.
- Add the sausages, beans and corn into the bowl with the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Pour into an insulated server and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream (200g) and diced avocados (2).