- Prep Time: 6h 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Mexican Pasta Salad with Avocado Dressing
Fantastic to make ahead, fantastic to serve to a crowd. The perfect BBQ salad to truly go the distance... and seriously yummy to boot! Want to add meat to the dish to make it go even further? Add some sliced cooked beef or chicken breast that has been coated in some Mexican seasoning prior to cooking.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Such a tasty pasta salad that would be great for when you are having a Mexican themed dinner party or even just some friends over. It makes a lot which is awesome, and it was enjoyed by all." - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes + 6 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 15+ as a side
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- pasta - 500g, spirals (*can use GF)
- onion - 1, red, peeled and finely diced
- capsicum - 1, green, finely diced
- corn - 400g tin, kernels, drained
- cherry tomatoes - 200g, halved
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed well
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- avocado - 1, diced, to serve
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- avocado - 3, peeled and stone removed
- sour cream - 300g
- lime juice - 30g, fresh
- taco seasoning - 1.5 Tbsp, or Mexican seasoning
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- cooked meat - beef, seasoned and sliced
- chicken breast - cooked, seasoned and sliced, to add at the end
- Cook pasta (500g) according to packet directions. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the avocado flesh (from 3 avocados), sour cream (300g), lime juice (30g), taco seasoning (1.5 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined.
- Add the cooked pasta, dressing, peeled and diced red onion (1), diced capsicum (1), drained corn kernels (400g tin), halved cherry tomatoes (200g) and rinsed kidney beans (400g tin) into a large bowl. Mix to combine well.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Before serving, add chopped coriander (1/2 bunch) and diced avocado (1) to the bowl and mix through gently.
Make your own!
* Make your own taco seasoning with the Taco Seasoning recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.
* Make your own Mexican seasoning with the Mexican Seasoning recipe from The Spice Blends Bonus Issue.