Mexican Layer Dip with Corn Chips
Oh my... this dip is going to be a new crowd favourite for many of you, we just know it! We have included some basic suggestions for toppings, but feel free to make it your own with your preferred additions. For something completely different, consider adding a layer of shredded meat or seasoned refried beans. Put this dip in the middle of a table next to a stack of warm tortillas, and everyone can help themselves for an easy burrito night!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was so delicious and easy to make! This will definitely be my go-to dish for bring-a-plate events."
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes + 1 hour chilling time
Serves more than 10
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- lettuce - 1/2, iceberg, shredded
- corn chips - to serve
- Dip layer:
- cream cheese - 250g, cubed
- taco seasoning - 3 Tbsp, or Mexican seasoning
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- tomato - 1, diced
- Avocado layer:
- avocado - 3, large, flesh only
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- sour cream - 40g
- Sour cream layer:
- sour cream - 260g
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- tomato - 3, diced (for 4 tomatoes total)
- olives - 100g, sliced
- cheese - 200g, grated
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- meat of choice - shredded, as a layer
- green beans - seasoned, refried, as a layer
- tortillas - or wraps, to serve (*ensure GF if required)
- Lay the shredded lettuce (1/2) along the base of the serving dish.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (250g), taco seasoning (3 Tbsp), chopped fresh coriander (2 Tbsp) and diced tomato (1 only) into the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until smooth.
- Spoon the dip over the lettuce.
- Add the avocado flesh (from 3 large avocados), salt (1 tsp), cracked black pepper (1 tsp) and sour cream (40g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until smooth.
- Spoon this over the dip.
Sour cream layer:
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sour cream (260g) and mustard seeds (1/4 tsp).
- Spoon over the avocado layer.
- Top with the remaining diced tomatoes (3), pitted olives (100g), grated cheese (200g) and chopped spring onions (2).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving with corn chips.
Make your own!
* Make your own corn chips with the Corn Chips recipe from The Fake Out Issue.
* Make your own taco seasoning with the Taco Seasoning recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.
* Make your own Mexican seasoning with the Mexican Seasoning recipe from The Spice Blends Bonus Issue.
* Make your own wraps with the Gluten Free Wraps recipe from The Lunchbox Issue, the Spinach Wraps recipe from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue, the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue or the LCHF Omelette Wraps recipe from The School Lunches Issue.