Mexican Egg Scramble
Healthy, filling and tasty – just how we like our brunches to be! Why have normal scrambled eggs (although we LOVE those) when you could have this delicious Mexican egg scramble? Team this up with some fresh sourdough bread and you have a brunch any egg lover will thoroughly enjoy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a delicious take on the humble scrambled eggs. Can imagine the eggs would make a delicious sandwich filling too! Great quick meal suitable for any time of the day!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large frying pan
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- chilli - 1/2, mild, red
- oil - 10g, plus extra for frying
- paprika - 1 tsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp, mild
- cumin - 1/2 tsp
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- eggs - 4
- cream - 50g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- To serve:
- avocado - 1, diced
- tomato - 3, Roma, deseeded and diced
- corn - 1 cob, kernels removed
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), peeled red onion (1/2) and chilli (1/2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g), paprika (1 tsp), mild chilli powder (1/2 tsp), cumin (1/2 tsp) and ground coriander (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the eggs (4), cream (50g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Place a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Drizzle with oil.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to form a scrambled egg-like texture. Cook until cooked through.
- Add to a serving bowl along with diced avocado (1), diced tomatoes (3), corn kernels (from 1 cob) and fresh chopped coriander (1/2 bunch). Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.