My partner's favourite dip is a spicy Mexican dip which is extremely hard to find. If I ever came across it I would purchase ten containers of it at once! Well, that was until I experimented and perfected my own version. This is delicious teamed with corn chips or plain crackers. – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This got eaten very quickly!" - Penny
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 1 cup of dip
Cannot be frozen
- chilli - 1/2, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped, or more to taste
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- cream cheese - 250g, full fat, cubed
- tomato paste - 25g
- taco seasoning - 1 Tbsp, see the Make Your Own bonus issue
- fresh coriander - to garnish, or stir through if desired
- Add chili (1/2) and garlic clove (1) to bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add cream cheese (250g), tomato paste (25g) and taco seasoning (1 Tbsp) to bowl. Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Taste and add additional taco seasoning if desired.
- Pour into a serving bowl. For best results allow to sit in the fridge to firm for a few hours. However it can also be served immediately if necessary.
- Garnish with extra chilli and coriander. Stir some chopped fresh coriander through, if desired.
If you use a reduced fat or spreadable cream cheese it will result in a thinner dip.
Transport in a sealed airtight container with an icepack to keep it cool. Keep refrigerated as long as possible.