Mexican Chicken Burgers
Nothing beats a delicious burger on a fresh crunchy bread roll. You can buy all these ingredients at your favourite farmer's market!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Looked great and tasted amazing! Quick and easy burgers with a delicious zesty lime tang, and delicious with the suggested toppings. The kids loved them as much as we did." - Alana
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 4 burgers
Burger patties and bread rolls can be frozen
- bread - 4, fresh crusty , rolls (can omit or use GF)
- tomatoes - 2, finely sliced
- cheese - 4, slices (omit for DF)
- Avocado mash:
- avocado - 2, small, peeled and stone removed
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, ground black
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp
- lime - 1, juice only
- Chicken burgers:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, mild
- fresh coriander - 1/2, bunch
- chicken mince - 500g
- lime - 1, zest only
- salt - 1 tsp
- If you are making both the mash and the burgers, be sure to zest the lime before cutting it to juice. It's much easier this way! If you wish to use your mixer to zest, peel the lime with a sharp peeler and add it to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat again if necessary until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, use a zester. Set aside.
- Add the avocados (2), salt (1/2 tsp), pepper (1 tsp), coriander (2 Tbsp) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until smooth.
- Place into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and place into the fridge. There is no need to wash the bowl out for the next step.
- Place garlic cloves (2), chilli (1) and coriander (1/2 bunch) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the mince (500g), lime zest (from 1 lime) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until combined.
- Shape mince into 4 burgers. Place on a plate in the fridge to firm.
- To assemble, place a drizzle of oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat on the stove.
- Place burgers into the pan and cook on both sides until cooked through – approx. 5 minutes on each sid
- Cut bread rolls (4) in half. Top with avocado mash, lettuce leaves (4) and tomatoes (2).
- Add patty on top and add a slice of cheese (4 total) to each burger.
- Serve immediately.