Marzipan Stuffed Chocolate Figs
Another moreish recipe shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. These marzipan stuffed chocolate figs are a great treat, that is a little different to to usual gifts, to box up and gift to loved ones.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great accompaniment to a dinner or cheese platter that is easy to prepare in advance. Would also make a lovely gift." - Fiona
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 1 hour
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 10-14 figs
Cannot be frozen
- figs - 250g, dried
- marzipan - 50-60g (see Note)
- chocolate - 200-300g, Belgian (*can use DF dark chocolate)
- Pull the stalks up out of the figs (250g), so you have something to hold on to and they stand up pertly.
- Cut a slit into the base of each fig and stuff with as much marzipan (50-60g total) as you can fit in.
- Add the Belgian chocolate (200-300g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.5. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Dip each fig into the chocolate, holding the stalk. Place onto a silicone mat to set.
- Redip if you wish. Once set, leave in the refrigerator until you are ready to gift or serve.
Note: If you wish to make your own marzipan, look at the Marzipan Christmas Trees recipe in this issue.