Marinated Goat Cheese and Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
This bruschetta is great for entertaining, with loads of flavour made from minimal effort. Delicious finger food at its finest! To make this recipe go further, you could add some cooked shredded chicken to the tomato mixture. If you aren't a fan of goat cheese, you can easily substitute feta cheese.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Full of flavour – I couldn't stop eating them!" - Michelle
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- baguette - 2, medium, sliced into 30 thin rounds on the diagonal
- goat's cheese - 300g, diced
- Tomato mixture:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh rosemary - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- olive oil - 30g
- balsamic vinegar - 40g
- cherry tomatoes - 500g, halved
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- cooked meat - chicken, shredded, to add to tomato mixture
- feta cheese - diced, to replace goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), fresh rosemary leaves (1 Tbsp), fresh thyme leaves (1 Tbsp), olive oil (30g) and balsamic vinegar (40g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes (500g) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 1 until combined.
- Scatter the tomatoes over the prepared tray, tipping the remaining marinade into a small bowl and setting aside.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until roasted and softened. Add the tomatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread (30, from 2 baguettes).
- Add the goat cheese (300g) and 2 tsp of the remaining marinade to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Test the flavour. Add more marinade and blend again if you wish.
- Top each bread slice with a spread of marinated goat cheese and a teaspoon of the roasted tomato mix.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
* Make your own baguettes with the Crusty Baguettes recipe from The Picnic Issue or the Olive and Thyme Baguettes recipe from The Baking Issue.