- Prep Time: 2h 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
There is nothing more perfect than a simple margarita pizza done well. Delicious homemade dough topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil - it really doesn't get much easier or tastier than this. A true taste of Italy for your Italian dinner party feast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It looked like a pizza from a restaurant. It worked so well and tasted even better. My 14 year old daughter stated that she wasn't even hungry anymore but was still eating because she loved it... and that was after 3 slices!" - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes + 2 hours rising time
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 2 pizzas
Can be frozen
- water - 280g, lukewarm
- yeast - 1.5 tsp, dry instant
- '00' flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil - 60g
- salt - pinch
- sugar - 1 tsp
- passata - 150ml
- mozzarella cheese - 200g, fresh, sliced
- tomato - 3, Roma, sliced
- fresh basil - leaves, to garnish
- Place the lukewarm water (280g), yeast (1.5 tsp), "00" flour (500g), oil (60g), salt (pinch) and sugar (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 7 seconds to start to combine the ingredients. Scrape down sides.
- Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Oil a large bowl and carefully move the dough into it.
- Cover with clingfilm, place in a warm area and allow to rise for 2 hours.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and cut into 2 portions. Roll each portion out into pizza bases and place them on sheets of baking paper.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat up two pizza stones in the oven.
- Carefully remove stones and place pizza bases with baking paper onto them.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and top each base with a little passata (150ml total), mozzarella (200g total) and tomato slices (from 3 tomatoes).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until base is crispy.
- Serve garnished with a few fresh basil leaves.