Here is a fancy little number that can easily be converted to a cocktail with the addition of your preferred tequila. This drink is perfect for both daytime and nighttime – it's cooling, refreshing and oh so enjoyable. The lemon sugar on the rim of the glass isn't hard to do, and it adds a nice touch for anyone you are entertaining.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a great mocktail (that could easily be adapted to a cocktail if required!) Suitably fancy for a party, or just a warm summer's day!" - Rach
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 jug
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- lemon - 3, peeled and halved
- ice cubes - 700g
- water - 200g
- Lemon sugar:
- sugar - 100g
- lemon - 1/2, to rim glass
- Add the sugar (100g) and lemon peel (from 1/2 small lemon) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Pour out into a shallow bowl.
- Run the cut lemon (1/2) around the edge of each glass and dip the rim into the lemon sugar mix.
- Pour the remaining lemon sugar mix into the mixer bowl. Add the peeled and halved lemons (3) to the bowl as well, ensuring all seeds are removed. Blitz Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the ice (700g) and water (200g) to the bowl. Blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds or until the ice is blended.
- Pour the margarita mocktail into the prepared margarita glasses.