Maple Walnuts & Pear Salad
This recipe comes from one of our favourite wholefood bloggers, Bianca from Wholefood Simply. It is a perfect salad for one that can absolutely be multiplied to feed a crowd. Feta, fish or chicken is a nice addition to this recipe! “This recipe is ticking all of my boxes. Best of all the whole family loves it. It is not only gobbled up without complaint but everyone asks for more.” – Bianca
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I just made this yummy salad for lunch!!! Wowsers, delicious! It's a quick, simple salad. A perfect side dish to serve with any hot or cold main. It would transport easily as the dressing would not make the leaves go soggy. As a little tweak, I crumbled about 30g of blue cheese over it at the end, which was great!" - Sue
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- walnuts - 40g
- coconut oil - 2 rounded tsp
- maple syrup - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- baby spinach - 1 handful, leaves
- pear - 2, sliced
- lemon juice - generous squeeze
- Heat a small to medium sized fry pan over medium to high heat. Add the walnuts (40g) and toast for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Alternatively, you can do this under your grill or in the oven if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil (2 rounded tsp), maple syrup (2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to bowl. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Add walnuts. Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Place a handful of spinach on your plate, add the sliced pear (1) and drizzle over a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add the walnuts and all of the coconut oil mixture over salad.
Transport this salad in a sealed airtight container. Don't forget to pack the salad servers!