Mango Lime Chicken
There is something about the fresh flavours of lime and mango that makes them go so well together. They certainly make a great marinade. These super delicious mango lime chicken drumsticks can be marinated overnight or used straight away. Instead of drumsticks, you can also use a baby chicken. The time to cook a whole baby chicken is about 35-40 minutes on the BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A different kind of marinade using fruit and honey. You can leave the chicken to marinate then cook on the BBQ or even an oven grill, meaning you can feel like you are camping out at home." - Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Can be frozen
- chicken drumsticks - 8, or 1 baby chicken
- salad - or rice, to serve
- mango - 1/2, diced
- ginger - 30g, fresh, peeled and in small chunks
- limes - 3, zest and juice only
- chilli - 1, optional
- honey - 15g
- olive oil - 10g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black, ground
- Place the mango (1/2), ginger (30g), lime juice and zest (from 3 limes), chilli (1), honey (15g), oil (10g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Place the chicken drumsticks (8) or baby chicken (1) on a large platter and pour over the marinade. Cover with clingfilm so that the marinade is in contact with the clingfilm. Leave to marinate while heating the BBQ, or refrigerate for several hours.
- Once the BBQ is hot, grill for 20-30 minutes until cooked through and charred. If you are making a baby chicken, grill for 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Serve immediately with salad or rice.