Mango Lime Chicken Meatballs
A sweet and slightly tangy meatball that's just perfect for the summer months. Serve these as a finger food at your next function.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious summer meatball with beautiful fruity and zesty flavours." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes per batch
Can be frozen
- lime - 1, zest and juice only
- spring onion - 4, roughly chopped
- dried mango - 100g, diced finely
- fresh coriander - 6 sprigs
- chicken mince - 500g
- oil - of choice,
- Place lime zest (from 1 lime) and spring onions (4) into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add lime juice (from 1 lime), mango (100g), coriander (6 sprigs), chicken mince (500g) and salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon mixture out onto a plate and roll 24 meatballs.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add meatballs to the pan. You may need to cook these in two or three batches to avoid overcrowding, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden on all sides and cooked through. Alternatively you may wish to bake these in the oven at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from pan and drain well on paper towel.
*Salt, pepper and oil are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 2 peeled garlic cloves and 100g carrot in Step 1 for some extra veggies.