This is a quick dinner you can whip up in no time. It is always a hit with the kiddies and uses a handful of everyday ingredients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super easy. My 11 year old whipped it up herselfand my 9 year old thought it was absolutely delicious." - Penny
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, macaroni or elbow (*can use GF)
- carrot - 1, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 1, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- plain flour - 1 Tbsp (*can use GF)
- oil - 20g
- beef mince - 500g, good quality
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- tomato paste - 50g
- Worcestershire sauce - 40g (*ensure GF if required; make your own with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- peas - 100g, frozen
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Continue the steps below while it is cooking. Once finished, drain and set aside in a large serving bowl or insulated server.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta is cooking, add the carrot (1) and zucchini (1) to bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour (1 Tbsp) and oil (20g) into bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C / Stirring Speed.
- Add mince (500g) in large clumps to bowl along with the carrot and zucchini mixture, stock paste (40g), tomato paste (50g) and Worcestershire sauce (40g). Season well with salt and pepper. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add peas (100g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Pour mixture over pasta and stir to combine before serving.