Macadamia Rum Balls
We know that you are going to love this modern twist on a Christmas classic. They have been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. They are easy to make and so well received. Have them on the table for your Christmas lunch, or make them ahead of time and gift them.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These rum balls are little balls of deliciousness! It was a pleasure to eat the leftover mix (not that there was much) and I couldn't wait to eat them. They are really yummy! (Hide them from the kids.)" - Sherrie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 24 balls
Can be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 100g raw, (see Notes)
- Madeira cake - 400g, broken into pieces (*can use GF / DF / EF plain cake)
- strawberry jam - 80g, make your own with the Strawberry Vanilla Jam recipe from The Celebrations Issue
- cocoa powder - 20g
- rum - 20g
- desiccated coconut - handful (see Notes)
- Add the macadamia nuts (100g), cake (400g), jam (80g), cocoa (20g) and rum (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and place onto a plate.
- Roll into 24 walnut-sized balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut (handful) and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- If your macadamia nuts are whole, add them to the bowl first. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second. Add the remaining ingredients.
- To ensure that your coconut is preservative free, you may wish to buy organic shredded coconut and mill in your mixer for a few seconds until it is the consistency of desiccated coconut.