Macadamia Ricotta and Tomato Toast
This combination of macadamia nuts with ricotta cheese leads to a fabulous texture that will make for a café-quality breakfast. The burst of flavour from the tomatoes is truly delicious.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Wow, this was amazing! We didn't have it for breakfast, but it made an awesome lunch – so quick, tasty and easy!" - Kirsty
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 150g
- ricotta cheese - 150g
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- fresh basil - 5 leaves, shredded, plus extra for garnish
- To serve:
- bread - 4 slices, sourdough, toasted (*can use GF)
- tomatoes - 4, small, finely sliced
- Place macadamia nuts (150g) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add ricotta (150g) and lemon juice (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add shredded basil leaves (5) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Spread ricotta mixture over sourdough toast (4 slices).
- Top each piece of toast with sliced tomatoes (1 tomato per piece of toast), salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded basil and serve.