Macadamia Olive Dip
This little gem has been shared with us by Tenina. It's a quickie in the best sense of the word. Pretty impressive on homemade baguette (have you made the one in The Picnic Issue?) toasted with extra virgin olive oil on a hot grill. Top with a little cheese of choice and you are rocking and grilling. Of course, also fantastic as a straight dairy free dip, with crackers or chips of choice. The perfect starter for your Aussie BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love this type of recipe! Easy and quick...exactly what a busy mum needs!" - Jenni
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 1 minute
Makes approx. 1 cup of dip
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1
- semi-dried tomatoes - 50g
- olives - 50g, Kalamata, pitted
- macadamia nuts - 50g, roasted and salted
- olive oil - 20g, extra virgin
- balsamic vinegar - 10g, extra as needed
- sea salt - if needed
- Place garlic (1), tomatoes (50g), olives (50g), macadamias (50g), olive oil (20g) and balsamic vinegar (10g) into the bowl.
- Blend Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Scrape down and reblend until you are happy with the consistency.
- Test the flavours and add more balsamic and / or salt as preferred.
- Serve on its own as a dip or use on slices of baguette with a soft cheese.