Macadamia and Brie Turkey Pods with Cherry Cranberry Sauce
Another amazing recipe by Steph Stofield from Thermomixin' Kitchen Vixen. This not only makes a great weeknight dinner but is perfect for when guests come over and you want to show off your thermo mixer's capabilities. We also think it makes a fantastic Christmas dish too.
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Can be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 120g
- spinach - 60g, fresh
- Brie - 125g, in large chunks
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Turkey pods:
- turkey breast - 500g, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Parmesan cheese - 25g, grated
- cornflour - 20g
- salt - 1/2 salt
- egg - 1
- prosciutto - 6 thin slices
- orange peel - 5cm, strip
- ginger - 10g
- cloves - 3
- peppercorns - 3
- garlic cloves - 2
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- cherries - 80g, drained, morello
- cranberries - 50g, dried, or craisins
- cranberry juice - 100g
- red wine vinegar - 10g
- water - 1.23L
- chicken stock - 1 Tbsp, paste
- potatoes - 600g, cut into chunks (approx 40-50g in size)
- asparagus - 1 bunch, woody ends removed
- butter - 50g
- fresh parsley - 2-3 sprigs, chopped
- Add macadamias (120g) to the bowl. Chop Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts. Set aside.
- Chop spinach (60g) Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Add to macadamias.
- Chop Brie cheese (125g) Speed 5 / 1 second.
- Add salt (1/2 tsp), macadamias and spinach into bowl and mix Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, using a spatula.
- Using your hands, mould the mix into 6 equal sized balls. Put them into the freezer until you need them.
- Put the turkey (500g) into the bowl and chop Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese (25g), cornflour (20g), salt (1/2 tsp), egg (1) and chop Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl using a spatula.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal size balls.
- Hold a ball of mince in your hand and flatten slightly. Push the ball of stuffing into mince.
- Wrap the mince mixture around the ball of stuffing, ensuring that none of the stuffing is visible.
- Wrap prosciutto (6 pieces) around each ball.
- Place each ball on a piece of baking paper and wrap tightly by twisting each end and then tucking it under.
- Place them into the steaming attachment lower dish and set aside.
- Place orange zest (5cm strip), ginger (10g), cloves (3), peppercorns (3), and garlic cloves (2), into bowl.
- Chop Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and chop again on Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Add onion (1). Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Program 5 minutes / 115C* / Speed 2.
- Add cherries (80g), cranberries (50g), cranberry juice (100g), vinegar (10g), water (230g only), chicken stock paste (1 Tbsp) and water (1L).
- Place potatoes (600g) into steaming attachment upper tray. Set steaming attachment in place. Cook 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add asparagus (1 bunch) to potatoes. Cook 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Set turkey pods and asparagus aside in an insulated server.
- Put the potatoes in a dish with a lid. Add butter and parsley, and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds whilst holding the lid in place.
Note: You can use chicken breast instead of turkey if preferred.