Lychee Lemongrass Cocktail
This is a spectacular drink to enjoy out on the deck on a balmy New Year's Eve. It has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Quick Fix In The Thermomix. It is so incredibly refreshing with the lychees and lemongrass, combined with a citrus note from the liqueur.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product tasted divine. I would definitely make it again. This cocktail was so refreshing and easy to drink. I especially loved the fresh lemongrass, which added a pleasant zesty taste to this cocktail." - Liz
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- lemongrass - 4 stalks, ends trimmed
- raw sugar - 80g
- lychees - 600g tin
- vodka - 120g (or lemonade or soda water for a mocktail)
- Cointreau orange liqueur - 60g (or lemonade or soda water for a mocktail)
- lime - 1, juice only
- ice cubes - 800g
- Using a rolling pin or meat tenderiser, bash the ends of the lemongrass stalks (4) to release the flavour. Place in 4 tall glasses.
- Add the sugar (80g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the syrup from the tin of lychees (600g tin), reserving the fruit. Add vodka (120g), Cointreau (60g) and lime juice (from 1 lime). Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the ice (800g) to the bowl. Crush Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Divide the reserved lychees evenly between the 4 glasses and fill with crushed ice.
- Pour over the syrup mixture. Serve immediately.