Lunchbox Taco Pasta
Taco pasta? It doesn't get any better than this! Our recipe tester Tammy thought this would be great served with sour cream and guacamole. The toppings that you could add are endless: sour cream, cheese, spring onions, coriander, guacamole... or have it as is!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a winner. Just a few minutes to prepare a few ingredients and you are done. Delicious and easy to make!" - Tammy
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 28 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 250g, small, spiral (*can use GF)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 2 small, red, peeled and roughly chopped
- chilli - 1, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped
- taco seasoning - 4 Tbsp*
- oil - 40g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g, diced
- beef mince - 600g, in large chunks
- fresh coriander - 1/4, bunch, chopped
- sour cream - (*omit for DF)
- cheese - (*omit for DF)
- spring onion
- fresh coriander
- Cook the pasta (250g) according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped red onions (2) and chopped chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the taco seasoning (4 Tbsp) and oil (40g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the diced tomatoes (800g tin) and broken up beef mince (600g) to the bowl. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 22 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the mince mixture to the drained pasta, along with the chopped coriander (1/4 bunch).
- Mix to combine.
- Place into warmed insulated food flask and into the school bag for the day.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Make your own!