Lower Carb Molten Lava Mug Cake
Ready for a deliciously decadent lava dessert in a snap? This is the perfect cure for your chocolate cravings on a cold evening. We find that cooking for 1 minute gives a fantastic lava consistency, but you may need to adjust that time based on your microwave.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A very quick and easy dessert that literally takes no time to whip up, and it's equally tasty! Give it a go." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 1-2 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- chocolate - 50g, 70% dark, (*ensure DF if required)
- coconut oil - 50g
- stevia - 40g, or sweetener of choice
- egg - 1
- coconut flour - 1.5 Tbsp
- double cream - to serve (*omit for DF)
- raspberries - fresh, to serve
- Add the dark chocolate (50g) and coconut oil (50g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Add the stevia (40g), egg (1) and coconut flour (1.5 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Allow mixture to sit for 2 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 1 minute. Test the texture. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm with a dollop of double cream and fresh raspberries.