Low Sugar Chocolate Panna Cotta
This recipe has been shared with us by Nev King.
"This is my recipe for an almost sugar free chocolate panna cotta – I eat a low carb diet, so I avoid as much sugar as possible. I have made this many times and it is always a hit! This silky dessert is very impressive but deceptively easy!" - Nev
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very rich and decadent dessert. It certainly doesn't taste like a low sugar option." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 5 hours setting time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 4, can be doubled
Cannot be frozen
- cream - 140g, pure
- gelatine - 1 tsp, powdered
- double cream - 300g, or thickened
- chocolate - 50g, 90% dark, brocken into pieces
- stevia - 40g, powdered
- Add the pouring cream (140g) and gelatin (1 tsp) to a small bowl and stir with a spoon. Don't worry if it's lumpy. Set aside.
- Add the thickened cream (300g) and chocolate (50g) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 70C / Speed 1.
- Add the stevia (40g) and gelatin mixture to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Speed 3.
- Prepare 4 dariole moulds by adding a drop of water to each – this will help to unmould the panna cotta later.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the moulds. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, if not overnight.
- To remove the panna cotta from the mould, take a teaspoon and pull the panna cotta away from the edge of the mould until air gets between the mould and the panna cotta. Turn out onto a plate.
- Serve with berries if desired.