Low Carb Vanilla Mug Cake
Lovers of the low carb lifestyle need not miss out – this is one for you! With its yummy vanilla goodness, we think this will be a new favourite for when you want a quick sweet treat minus all the carbs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An easy quick dessert with delicious flavours." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- coconut flour - 5 Tbsp
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- stevia - 50g, or sweetener of choice
- vanilla pod - 1/2, seeds only
- olive oil - 30g
- almond milk - 80g
- egg - 1
- Add the coconut flour (5 Tbsp), baking powder (1/4 tsp), stevia (50g), vanilla bean seeds (from 1/2 bean), olive oil (30g), almond milk (80g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 2 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.