Low Carb Ricotta and Prosciutto Tarts
Creamy, herby and salty – what's not to love about these yummy little low carb morsels? Beware: you will likely want to eat the whole tray! These make a great alternative to a high carb quiche, and they would also be perfect for any gluten free or egg free guests.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I tested this recipe first thing in the morning, and these little tarts made a tasty and interesting breakfast. A lovely mix of fresh ingredients." - Nicki
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 5-10 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 24 tarts
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
2 x 12 hole mini muffin tins
- prosciutto - 12 slices, sliced in half lengthways
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- fresh basil - 10, leaves
- ricotta cheese - 300g
- sour cream - 100g
- lemon juice - squeeze
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease the holes of two 12 hole mini muffin tins.
- Line each hole of the muffin tins with the sliced prosciutto (from 12 slices) to form a crust.
- Add the fresh chopped chives (from 1/2 bunch) and fresh basil leaves (10) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 1 second.
- Add the ricotta cheese (300g), sour cream (100g), lemon juice (squeeze), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 2 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin hole.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the prosciutto is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with extra chives.
Make your own!
* Make your own ricotta with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.