Low Carb Minestrone Soup
This recipe and photo have been shared with us by Megan Ellam.
"This is a recipe that has been tested and loved by everyone I have given it to. Totally packed full of flavour, it is a low carb version of a minestrone, with potentially more flavour than any original version." - Megan
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This soup was so delicious. It had a real smokey flavour thanks to the added chorizo sausage, paprika and bacon. Perfect with some garlic bread and topped with Parmesan cheese." - Nadia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- olive oil - 35g
- onion - 65g, peeled and diced
- carrot - 45g, diced
- bacon - 95g, diced
- chorizo sausages - 160g, fresh, sliced and casing removed (*ensure DF if required)
- mushrooms - 60g, sliced
- zucchini - 80g, diced
- capsicum - 30g, green, diced
- vegetable stock - 35g, paste
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- tomato paste - 80g
- paprika - 1 tsp, smoked
- water - 600g
- olive oil - 30g
- bacon - 80g, diced
- chorizo sausages - 80g, removed from casing and shaped into small meatballs (*ensure DF if required)
- cheese - grated, optional (*omit for DF)
- pepper - cracked black
- Add the oil (35g), onion (65g), carrot (45g) and bacon (95g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the chorizo (160g), mushroom (60g), zucchini (80g), capsicum (30g), stock paste (35g), tomatoes (400g tin), tomato paste (80g), paprika (1 tsp) and water (600g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- While the soup is finishing off, add some oil (30g) to a frying pan and fry off extra diced bacon (80g) and chorizo sausage meatballs (80g).
- Serve the soup with extra bacon, sausage, cheese and pepper.