- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Low Carb Ginger Carrot Cakes
A great low carb treat packed full of veggies and all things tasty! These can be frozen, so this is a great recipe to whip up and have on hand in the freezer for when the sweet cravings arise.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Lovely muffin perfect for a lunchbox or party where allergies need to be catered to. I am a cream cake lover, but this has converted me." - Fiona
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 small bowls
- sunflower kernels - 150g, for grinding
- carrot - 300g, roughly chopped
- butter - 150g, cubed
- eggs - 5
- xylitol - 80g
- sunflower kernels - 50g, left whole
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- mixed spice - 2 tsp
- ginger - 1.5 tsp, ground
- baking powder - 2 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the sunflower kernels (150g) into the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the chopped carrot (300g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the cubed butter (150g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add the eggs (5) and xylitol (80g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Add the reserved carrot, reserved ground sunflower kernels, whole sunflower kernels (50g), cinnamon (1 tsp), mixed spice (2 tsp), ground ginger (1.5 tsp) and baking powder (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon the batter into the cases until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy warm or allow to cool completely.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites