- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Low Carb Crumbed Chicken
These delicious chicken pieces have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. You can easily make up the crumb in a large amount ahead of time and have it on hand for a quick and easy dinner. The tenderloins are truly delicious and will have everyone asking for more – you may wish to make a double batch!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Forget takeaway when you have this at your finger tips. The flavours explode in your mouth and leave you licking the plate clean!" - Channy
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Serves 8 as a finger food
Can be frozen before or after cooking
- almonds - 80g
- wheat germ - 35g (can use GF breadcrumbs)
- sunflower kernels - 40g
- sesame seeds - 40g
- paprika - 2 tsp, mild
- salt - 2 tsp
- dried parsley - 1 tsp
- nutritional yeast flakes - 1 tsp, optional
- garlic powder - 1 tsp, optional
- eggs - 3, lightly beaten
- chicken tenderloins - 1kg
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almonds (80g), wheat germ (35g), sunflower seeds (40g) and sesame seeds (40g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 4 seconds.
- Add paprika (2 tsp), salt (2 tsp), parsley (1 tsp), nutritional yeast (1 tsp, if using) and garlic powder (1 tsp, if using) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Set aside on dinner plate.
- Beat eggs (3) in a small bowl.
- Coat chicken (1kg) with beaten eggs and then roll in the crumb mixture. Place on lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites