Low Carb Chocolate Brownie to Share
Fudgey and delicious, this brownie is one that you may not WANT to share. It's perfect for the dark chocolate lovers out there. For an extra indulgence, add a dollop of peanut butter before baking – YUM! If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator and enjoy cold with ice cream tomorrow.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A decadent chocolate dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth, and being low carb I don’t feel guilty eating it!" - Lauren
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variation: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 19-21 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
small skillet pan
- butter - 40g, plus extra for greasing (*use coconut oil for DF)
- chocolate - 80g, 70% dark, (*ensure DF if required)
- almond meal - 100g
- cacao powder - 20g
- xylitol - 30g, or sweetener of choice, optional (may not be needed due to chocolate)
- egg - 1
- milk of choice - 40g, (*ensure DF if required)
- cream - to serve (*omit for DF)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a small skillet pan with butter.
- If you need to grind your own almond meal, add raw almonds (100g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside. For a finer texture, you may wish to sift your almond meal.
- Add the butter (40g) and dark chocolate (80g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Add the almond meal (100g), cacao powder (20g), xylitol (30g, if using), egg (1) and milk of choice (40g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until combined.
- Pour into the skillet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove and serve with cream.