Low Carb Cheese and Broccoli “Muffins”
These super yummy and versatile muffins can be made to suit all tastes and fridge leftovers. If you like more texture you can reduce the blitzing of the broccoli, or just keep the recipe as is and call them "Green Monster Egg Muffins" to encourage the kids to eat them.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An awesome recipe that is quick, tasty and versatile, to use whatever ingredients you have on hand. Will definitely be making it again." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Makes 10-12 "muffins"
Can be frozen
You will need:
silicone muffin forms
- cheddar cheese - 200g, sharp, cubed
- broccoli - 200g, fresh, florets
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- eggs - 10
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- baby spinach - 30g, leaves, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180C. It is best to use silicone muffin forms for this recipe to prevent sticking.
- Place the cubed cheddar cheese (200g) into the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the broccoli florets (200g), chopped spring onions (2) and fresh chopped parsley (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4 seconds.
- Add the prepared cheese, eggs (10), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined.
- Add the shredded spinach (30g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 4 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into each muffin hole until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.