Low Carb Breakfast Bars
These low carb breakfast bars are fibre-rich and low in sugar. They make for a great to start the day. You’ll be feeling full and ready to face the day. The best way to describe these is that they are really… breakfast-y. Haha! We just loved these. They’re not super sweet but they absolutely hit the spot.
With peanut butter to help you feel full, fibre from linseeds and almonds and protein from eggs you will love these bars and you’ll feel like you’ve had a full and healthy breakfast.
We featured these low carb breakfast bars in Episode 126 of The 4 Blades Thermomix Recipe podcast. Check it out to hear how we went about making these bars and loads more tips and tricks for your Thermomix.
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- linseeds - 60g
- almonds - 160g
- peanut butter - 220g, crunchy
- xylitol - 60g
- cacao nibs - 20g, or carob chips
- eggs - 2
- chia seeds - 1 tsp, soaked in 1/2 Tbsp of water
- olive oil - 30g
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the linseeds (60g) and almonds (80g only) in the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Place the remaining almonds (80g) in the bowl and process Reverse+Speed 6 / 2-3 seconds. This means you’ll have some yummy chunks of almonds throughout - but they will still be easy to chew!
- Place crunchy peanut butter (220g), xylitol (60g), cacao nibs (20g), eggs (2), soaked chia seeds (1 tsp dry) and olive oil (30g) in the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Place in the prepared cake tin and cook for 25 minutes. Allow to cool then refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour before slicing.
- Cut into 8-12 breakfast bars.