Little Spiced Pumpkin Cakes
Despite being a vegetable, pumpkin works so well in sweet recipes. We love this combination of the pumpkin and aromatic spices.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These cakes were crunchy on the outside but moist on the inside. Very delicious, and a hit with everyone for morning tea. I also made a batch with gluten free flour which were just as delicious." - Lesley
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- pumpkin - 300g raw, pieces (or 160g cooked mashed pumpkin)
- butter - 100g, cubed
- sugar - 90g
- golden syrup - 30g
- eggs - 2
- baking powder - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- self raising flour - 220g (*can use GF)
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1.5 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1.5 tsp, ground
- sultanas - 70g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Add the pumpkin pieces (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides. (If you are using cooked mashed pumpkin, simply add it to the bowl in Step 6.)
- Chop again Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 7 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add the cubed butter (100g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add the sugar (90g), golden syrup (30g), eggs (2), baking powder (1 tsp), self raising flour (220g), ground cinnamon (2 tsp), ground ginger (1.5 tsp) and ground nutmeg (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 20 seconds until just combined.
- Add the sultanas (70g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.