Lime Garlic Prawns
“Throw another shrimp on the barbie” has long been a catchphrase to stereotype the Aussie BBQ culture. Of course, Australians don’t say ‘shrimp’, they are ‘prawns’ and these fresh and zingy Lime Garlic Prawns are a great starter for your next Aussie BBQ. You can choose the size of your prawns according to your personal preference. If you want to use them as a finger food for a larger group, consider smaller prawns. To use them as an entree consider using the larger prawns.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Simple recipe with loads of flavour. I was surprised how tasty they were with so few ingredients. This dish is a winner. It would be great party food." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- lime - 2, peel zest only
- garlic granules - 2 tsp
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp, more if you like heat!
- olive oil - 25g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- prawns - 500g (approx. prepared weight) peeled and deveined, raw
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Peel the green zest from lime (2), avoiding as much white pith as possible.
- Add lime peel, garlic granules (2 tsp) and chilli flakes (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (25g) and salt flakes (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 1.
- Add prawns (500g approx.) to the bowl and combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 4 seconds.
- Cook briefly on each side until the flesh of the prawns changes from translucent to white.
- Serve immediately.