Lime Bliss Balls
Taking a plate of bliss balls along to a social function is one of our favourite options when asked to bring a plate. Firstly, they are quick to make and relatively inexpensive. Secondly, they are quick to be snapped up as there are many people that are looking for a healthier option to satisfy their sweet tooth. The lime gives a lovely fresh zing to the balls, a welcome change from chocolate! They have been shared with us from Peta's blog, The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So delicious, super easy and also easy to do with lemon...lemon and lime...or orange! Great snack for kids for afternoon tea and a huge hit with the visitors!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes + chilling time
Makes 24 balls
Can be frozen
- macadamia nuts - 120g, or cashew nuts (*use seeds for NF)
- coconut - 60g, shredded, plus extra for rolling
- dates - 10, Medjool
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- lime - 1, juice and peeled zest only
- Add macadamias (120g), coconut (60g), dates (10), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), lime juice and lime zest (from 1 lime). Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula then roll into 24 balls. If you wish, roll in additional shredded coconut.
- Place balls onto a plate or tray in the fridge until cold and firm, and then transfer to an airtight container until serving.