Lime and Mint Granita
We love the combination of lime and mint, and this granita is the perfect way to combine the two. It takes a bit of forward planning, but it really is a fabulously fresh summer option. For something extra for the adults, you can pair it with your preferred white spirit.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super easy and super refreshing. Will definitely keep in mind for summer." - Julia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Freezing Time 1-2 hours
Can be frozen
- limes - 6, zest and juice only
- lemon - 1, zest and juice only
- fresh mint - 20, leaves, plus extra to garnish
- sugar - 120g
- water - 180g
- Add the lime zest (from 6 limes), lemon zest (from 1 lemon), mint leaves (20) and sugar (120g) into the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (from 6 limes), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and water (180g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 50 seconds.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container. Freeze until ice crystals start to form. This will take approximately 1-2 hours, depending on the size of your container.
- Stir the mixture with a fork, scraping to break up the ice crystals.
- Repeat this process every 30 minutes until an icy, slushy-like consistency is
- Serve with additional mint leaves to garnish.