Licorice Allsort Slice
This colourful slice has been shared with us by Lucy of Bake Play Smile. Lucy claims that she's actually not much of a licorice lover BUT the biscuit in the base and the chocolate on the top have her over the line on this number! So imagine how much you'll like it if you LOVE licorice!
No: Nuts / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Total Cooking Time 20 minutes + setting time
Makes 12 squares
Cannot be frozen
- butter - melted, to grease tray
- biscuits of choice - 250g, plain sweet, crushed
- condensed milk - 160g, sweetened
- butter - 125g, chopped
- golden syrup - 1 Tbsp
- licorice - 375g, allsorts
- desiccated coconut - 45g
- Chocolate topping:
- chocolate - 200g, dark cooking, chopped
- coconut oil - 30g, or copha
- Chop licorice allsorts by hand using a knife.
- Place biscuits (250g) into bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts until they resemble fine crumbs. Set biscuit crumbs aside.
- Weigh the condensed milk (160g), butter (125g) and golden syrup (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add the crushed biscuits and coconut (45g) to the bowl. Mix until well combined, Reverse+Speed 2 / 20 - 30 seconds. You may need the machine's spatula to help with this process.
- Remove the bowl from the machine. Add the chopped licorice allsorts and combine by hand with the help of the machine's spatula.
- Press the mixture into the base of the prepared tray and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- To make the chocolate topping, add chocolate (200g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add coconut oil (30g) to the chocolate. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2. You can stop once the mixture is melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the slice and place into the fridge for an hour before cutting into slices.
Transport in a sealed airtight container. Keep refrigerated as long as possible.