Lemon Slice Bites
This zingy treat has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. These bites are bursting with lemony goodness and give a real flavour boost. Make ahead for a yummy sweet pick me up on the go.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Was very tasty. I have one fussy Miss 10 and for her to love it is saying something. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be." - Bev
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooling Time 4 hours
Makes 25 pieces
Can be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 130g
- cashew nuts - 100g
- cashew butter - 35g, make your own with the Almond Cashew Nut Butter recipe in The Easy Issue
- dates - 10, medjool, seeds removed
- lemon - 1, zest only
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- cashew butter - 235g
- coconut oil - 100g
- coconut cream - 35g
- maple syrup - 45g, or rice malt syrup
- honey - 20g, or rice malt syrup
- lemons - 2, zest only
- lemons - 1.5, juice only
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Add the coconut (130g), cashews (100g), cashew butter (35g), dates (10), lemon zest (from 1 lemon) and lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
- Add the cashew butter (235g), coconut oil (100g), coconut cream (35g), maple syrup (45g), honey (20g), lemon zest (from 2 lemons) and lemon juice (from 1.5 lemons) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Pour the mixture over your base and level the top. Place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store. Leave it for about 4 hours before eating.
- Slice and store in the fridge or freezer until you get on the road.