Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus
We love an all-in-one meal! Skip the optional marinating time and you can have dinner on the table in 35 minutes, making this a great midweek meal. This style of seasoning also works well with a firm white fish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love dishes that use the whole mixer, and this quick and tasty meal has lots of flavour. The chicken goes beautifully with rice, couscous and whatever veggies you might have on hand." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Chicken can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- lemon - 1, zest and juice only + 12 lemon slices
- fresh parsley - handful
- olive oil - 20g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, ground
- chicken thighs - 4, sliced open
- water - 500g, hot, tap
- asparagus - 2 bunches
- Add the garlic cloves (3), lemon zest (from 1 lemon) and fresh parsley (handful) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add lemon juice (from 1 lemon), oil (20g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp). Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add opened chicken thighs (4) to the bowl and pour the marinade over the top. Cover with clingfilm so that no air is in contact with the surface of the chicken. Alternatively, marinate in a sealed snap lock bag. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. If you are short on time you can skip this step.
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl.
- Put lemon slices (12) over the base of the steaming attachment upper tray. Set opened chicken thighs on top of the lemon slices and set the steaming attachment into place. Program 13 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add asparagus (2 bunches) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Carefully set the steaming attachment into place. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check your chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken over asparagus.
*Oil, salt, pepper and water are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 2 bunches of broccolini to the asparagus in Step 8.