Lemon Pepper Blend
A delicious blend that is incredibly versatile and so easy to make at home. We love this sprinkled over chicken or fish before grilling on the BBQ. It has a delicious tangy and zesty flavour with a hint of heat from the pepper.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Perfect spice mix to jazz up any meal. We added this spice mix to some chicken tenderloins and corn cobs before BBQing. A versatile spice mix with a tasty zing." - Monica
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 3 minutes
Can be multiplied several times. Fill the bowl only to halfway for best results.
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- Preheat the oven to 100C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the lemon peel (from 3 lemons) and black peppercorns (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Spread the mixture across the baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Add the mixture back to the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add rock salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Place into an airtight jar and store for up to 6 months.