Lemon Pepper Avocado Smash
There is no need to go out to an expensive café when you can make delicious food like this at home. We are sure this will become a new favourite in your house. Want more protein? Bacon goes nicely with this dish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A super fast and yummy avocado smash – why go to a café when you can make this so easily at home?! Everyone loved it." - Judy
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- lemon - 1, peel, strip
- peppercorns - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- avocados - 3, large ripe, halved and seed taken out
- bread - 4-8 thick slices, sourdough, toasted
- eggs - 4-8, to poach, optional
- Place lemon peel (1 strip), peppercorns (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), onion flakes (1/2 Tbsp) and garlic powder (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add avocados (3) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Set the avocado mash aside in the fridge while you poach your eggs.
- Place a little avocado spread onto toast (4-8 slices) and top with a poached egg (4-8).