Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers
We love crackers at T4B headquarters. If there are crackers around, they won't last long. These have a delicious zesty twist that we think you will enjoy, especially when teamed up with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. You can easily vary the quantity of lemon vs. pepper, depending on your preference.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So quick and simple to make, with ingredients you are likely to have in your pantry and fridge. I will definitely be making these again." - Aoife
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Dough can be frozen before cooking
- almonds - 160g, whole
- lemon - 2, strips of peel
- pepper - 1.5 tsp, cracked
- salt - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 2 tsp
- egg - 1
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the whole almonds (160g), lemon peel (2 strips), pepper (1.5 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and dried parsley (2 tsp) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 40 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to 0.5cm in thickness (or thinner if you prefer a crispier cracker). Remove the top layer of baking paper and discard.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully score the dough into squares without cutting through. Don't separate the squares until they have been baked and cooled.
- Place the baking paper and crackers onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown and cooked through. The outer crackers will cook faster, so you may wish to remove these from the oven earlier.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.